MIRSTORES clothes are made of pre-selected raw materials and undergoes quality control at all of the stages of production and post-production;
the final characteristics of materials depend on many factors, including the dyes used to create specific shades, so the characteristics of the same product in different colors can vary (like softness of wool, final weight, etc.);
for knitted products, a measurement error of 1-2 cm is allowed, therefore, all product measurements indicated on the website are approximate;
in case of non-compliance with the norms of care and storage, knitwear is subject to deformation;
items made of natural wool are subject to peeling and may crumble.
About handmade wool sweaters
If you are the owner of the Mirstores handmade wool sweater, congratulations! It was made specially for you.
This sweater is special. It’s knitted of natural sheep wool yarn, which is not twisted as the regular yarn and also known as roving. It looks and feels literally like a fluffy cloud, which makes it the softest yarn we have come across for years working with knitwear. That is why the sweater is so warm and so beautifully oversized, but to serve you long it requires some special and delicate care.
Do not hang our sweaters, otherwise they will stretch out irreversibly under their own weight. Instead, fold the sweater and keep it on your wardrobe shelves.
If you plan to clean your sweater at home, please use a list of basic washing rules to check for your upcoming cleaning time.
Remember that with our handmade wool sweaters using the washing machine, even on the wool setting, is prohibited: due to the temperature differences during the machine washing, the soft roving yarn will get boiled and the sweater will lose its beautiful voluminous texture.
Besides, be careful with the laundry services and be sure that they do not involve wet heat treatment or drying at high temperatures. This can also be harmful for your sweater, and maybe you will decide not to take the risk and wash it by hand.
Recommendations for the care of cotton things
Unlike our handmade wool sweaters, cotton knitwear can be washed in the washing machine. Please use the most gentle washing mode.
When drying, you can adjust the size/length/width of the thing by stretching or squeezing it on a horizontal surface in the proportions you need.
If you washed a cotton thing in the washing machine, and it has decreased in size, you need to re-wet it and spread it out on a horizontal surface, stretching it a little.
It is undesirable to store cotton items in a vertical position in order to avoid deformation; this is especially true for heavy clothing that is subject to stretching (for example, dresses).
The main rules of hand washing
Cold water up
to 30° C;
Delicate mode: rinsing, rubbing
and other harsh mechanical effects are prohibited;
Neutral detergent without active components;
Soaking is prohibited, the recommended time of washing - no longer than 10 minutes;
Gentle hand wringing on a horizontal surfsce; taking out of water with both hands, supporting the item from below, to avoid derormations;
Horizontal drying; for drying lay out the sweater tightly without stretching.
The best way to wash your sweater is to do it in a clean sink or in a small container in the tub / shower.
- Take your sweater, fold it and place it in a sink under the cold water or in prepared container of cold water. Do not straighten the product under water, it should remain folded. If you straighten a wet sweater and rinse it in a straightened form, the fabric will stretch under its own weight, because the water will it much heavier than its own weight.
- First of all, add a little bit of detergent to the dirty spots (cuffs / neckline / stains, etc.), rinse them gently under running water, do not rub the pieces of the sweater against each other, as friction may cause the yarn to get felted. Do not soak the sweater, the washing procedure should be quick and very neat. You can use your favorite laundry detergent or a special detergent for wool, but first check that there are bo bleaching ingredients in them.
- When you remove the detergent, turn off the water if you wash in the sink, or if you wash in a container, release the soapy water while holding the folded sweater at the bottom and gently rinse the sweater again with clean water.
- After all the water has drained out, gently wring out rhe sweater in the position in which it was left after washing. To do this, simply press on it with your hands several times. Do not lift or straighten it in the air, do not twist or squeeze it.
- Remove the sweater from the sink or the container in the position in which it remained there and place it on a large towel prepared on the floor or another horizontal surface.
- Carefully lay out the sweater on the towel so that it does not stretch. After washing, you will see that the loops of the sweater are slightly wider than they were before. This is temporary, after drying everything will return to its original state, but for this it is extremely important how you leave the sweater to dry, because it will dry exactly in the size that you "form" with you hands at this stage of washing. Therefore, when laying out the sweater on a towel, group the sweater towards the center so that the loops lie as close to each other as possible, both horizontally and vertically.
- After 2-3 hours, check the sweater, if you see that some of the fragments can be folded more tightly, put them so. After a whie, turn the sweater over and lay it on the surface the same way.
- The sweater will dry completely and be ready for use within 24-36 hours. If after this time the sweater is still damp, do not lift ir from the surface, this may cause deformation. Let the product dry completely and just after that fold it on your wardrobe shelf.